Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pansy Welcome




These paper pansies are so pretty...how can you not love them?  I've seen many variations of these (made with the butterfly paper punch) and this one is my favorite.  This tutorial is awesome to help you create your own (she even has a YouTube video walking you through it!).  Once I got the basic technique down I played with colors and shaping the damp paper.     I've heard using the scalloped punches can be tricky to get a nice edge around the paper and I found this blog with tips on how to do it nicely.  She has provided specific paper sizes you can mix-and-match to get a nice product every time (and save some paper!).  :)  Of course, you can always contact me with specific questions you may have!




Supply List
Stamps:  Fabulous Phrases

Paper: Concord Crush, Poppy Parade, Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White
Ink: Concord Crush (stamped image), Poppy Parade, Peach Parfait, Melon Mambo (pansies)
Accessories: scalloped edge and corner punches, oval punches (1 3/4" x 7/8" and 1 3/8" x 5/8"), square lattice embossing folder, aquapainter, gold brads  (non SU)

~Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment